Enjoy these decadent Chocolate Cake Brownies filled with caramelized pistachios and topped with Irish cream whipped cream. They look lovely and taste delicious – just as perfect cake-like brownies should be.
For Irish cream whipped cream:
- 1 1/2 cup + 4 tablespoons (400 g) whipping cream
- 7 oz (240 g) white chocolate
- 2 tablespoons Baileys Irish Cream
For caramelized pistachios:
- 3.7 oz (105 g) raw pistachios
- 5 tablespoons (40 g) powdered (icing) sugar
For the brownies:
- 6.9 oz (195 g) butter
- 4 oz (112 g) dark chocolate (70%)
- 1 cup + 3 tablespoons (240 g) brown sugar
- 2/3 cup + 1/2 tablespoon (170 g) eggs (see note #1)
- 2/3 cup + 2 1/2 teaspoons (90 g) flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoon (11 g) cocoa powder
- 2.8 oz (80 g) caramelized pistashios
For the decoration:
- 1.7 oz (50 g) apricot preserves
- 3.5 oz (100 g) chopped raw pistachios
To make Irish cream whipped cream, break the white chocolate into small pieces. Bring whipping cream to a boil, then pass it through a mini-strainer. Pour warm whipping cream over chocolate, add Baileys Irish Cream, and mix with a hand whisk . Cover the cream with a plastic film on contact and refrigerate overnight.
To caramelize pistachios, place nuts and powdered (icing) sugar in a non-stick frying pan. Heat the pan over medium heat and mix with a wooden spatula * until the sugar is caramelized. Transfer pistachios on parchment paper * and let cool. Chop pistachios into medium-sized pieces.
To make the brownies, preheat oven to 340 F/170 C. Butter each cavity of a brownie pan and set aside.
Break the dark chocolate into pieces and melt with butter in a microwave for a few seconds. Place brown sugar and eggs in the bowl of a stand mixer * and whisk for about 2 minutes. Add the chocolate mixture, sifted flour, cacao powder, salt, and mix to blend thoroughly. Fold 2.8 oz (80 g) of caramelized pistachios into the batter. Spoon about 2.4 oz (70 g) of the batter into 12 brownie cavities, filling them up to half.
Bake for 20 minutes. Cool in the pan for about 30 minutes; invert onto a wooden board lined with parchment paper .
To decorate brownies, crush raw pistachios in a food processor . Even the top of each brownie with a serrated knife if necessary. Brush edges of squares with the syrup of apricot preserves and sprinkle with ground pistachios. Whisk the cream with an electric mixer until firm peaks. Place the cream in a pastry bag with a tip and decorate the top of brownies.
- 170 g eggs approximately equal 3 whole extra large chicken eggs (eggshell removed).
- with raw pistachios or other kinds of nuts.
- To get the pure green-colored ground pistachios, use raw pistachios (not toasted ones).
- Use different pastry tips to pipe the cream on top of brownies.
- Serve cake brownies with pistachio ice cream (instead of decorating them with whipped cream), which would balance the sweetness of the brownies.
Keywords: chocolate cake brownies, chocolate pistachio brownies, St.Patrick's Day brownies