Add this impressive dessert – Raspberry Almond Cake Ispahan – to your recipe collection. Flavored with rose and raspberries, this moist and delicately scented cake may seem sophisticated, but it is incredibly easy to make! Plus, I will give you the keys to success!
For the cake batter:
- 5.6 oz (160 g) butter, softened
- 2/3 cup + 3 1/2 tablespoons (110 g) powdered (icing) sugar
- 1 1/2 cups + 4 1/2 tablespoons (170 g) almond flour
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 whole large egg
- 1/2 cup + 2 1/2 tablespoons (80 g) all-purpose flour
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 1/2 tablespoons (35 g) granulated sugar
- 5 teaspoons (25 g) whole milk
- 2 tablespoons (40 g) rose syrup
For dried raspberries:
- 10.5 oz (300 g) fresh raspberries
For the white chocolate and dry raspberry glaze:
- 7 oz (200 g) white chocolate
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (20 g) grapeseed oil
- 1 oz (30 g) chopped dried raspberries
- Preheat oven to 355 F/180 C. Sift almond flour and powdered (icing) sugar into a medium bowl and set aside. Sift all-purpose flour into another bowl and put aside as well.
- To make the cake batter, beat softened butter and almond flour /sugar mixture 3 minutes, using an electric mixer . Add a whole egg with egg yolks and whisk 2 minutes. Then add milk mixed with rose syrup and beat 1 minute again. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites (not too firm), gradually adding granulated sugar. Delicately add egg whites to the cake batter, incorporating flour at the same time. Mix with a rubber spatula , starting from the center, from bottom to top. Don’t overfold! It is better to under fold than overfold.
- Butter a nonstick loaf pan and dust with flour. Garnish the cake pan with 1/3 of the almond-rose batter and smooth out. Arrange fresh raspberries away from edges. Cover raspberries with another 1/3 of batter. Add berries again at a distance from the edges. Pour 1/3 of the remaining batter over fresh raspberries.
- Lower the oven temperature to 300 F/150 C and bake for 1 hour 30 minutes or until a knife can be inserted and removed cleanly without streaks of batter. Unmold the cake immediately after baking and allow to cool to room temperature.
- To make dried raspberries, preheat oven to 195 F/90 C. Place fresh raspberries on parchment paper and bring into the oven. Let berries dry for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes. Then cool dried raspberries down and chop into middle-sized pieces.
- To make the white chocolate and dry raspberry glaze, melt white chocolate in a microwave in 3 (30-second) intervals, stirring between each melt. Add grapeseed oil, chopped dried raspberries and gently mix. Let the glaze cool down to 86 F/30 C maximum, otherwise, it will be too runny to stick to the surface of the cake.
- To decorate the cake, transfer the dessert on a rack placed on top of some tray. Pour the glaze over the cake.
- Make sure that all ingredients are at room temperature. Take the butter out of the fridge two hours before you start baking.
- Replace 2 tablespoons (40 g) of rose syrup with 1 to 2 teaspoons of rose water .
- Avoid egg yolk or/and eggshells in the egg whites while breaking eggs. Slightly beat egg whites (not too firm).
- Add a few drops of red food color to the batter to get slightly rose color of the cake; although, this touch of food coloring is optional.
- Use only fresh raspberries since the frozen ones are too watery to make the cake.
- Divide the cake batter into three parts to make equal layers of the batter and raspberries.
- Preheat oven to 355 F/180 C and then LOWER heat to 300 F/150 C at the time of baking.
- Use store-bought freeze dried raspberries to make the white chocolate and dry raspberry glaze.
- Calories: 378
- Sugar: 22.8 g
- Sodium: 112 mg
- Fat: 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 11.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.8 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 6.9 g
- Cholesterol: 99 mg
Keywords: raspberry almond cake, cake Ispahan, Ispahan dessert, Ispahan cake recipe, Ispahan recipe, almond pound cake recipe