Would you like to learn about me? Hello and welcome! My name is Irina, I am the mother of two wonderful sons, the wife of a loving husband and a full-time working professional.
BLAC – the abbreviation of Baking Like a Chef – is the place where I share recipes of delicious desserts to make at home.
When It All Began
I have been baking since I was 9 years old when I was collecting recipes from my mom’s old magazines and baking early in the morning on weekends. Sometimes, when my baking was not turning out the way I wanted, I threw it away and started all over. I was persistent…
Over the years, my baking skills have improved and the hobby of my childhood has become a passion and an essential part of my life. There is a nice quote: “Do more of what makes you happy,” and baking really does the job for me.
What You’ll Find on Baking Like a Chef
All my passion is about desserts. Here, on my blog, I share recipes adapted or inspired by world’s most known chefs, twists on classic desserts and my own creations.
All the recipes contain step by step photographed explanations to ensure you can success in your home kitchen.
Interesting Facts About me
- I learnt to play piano for 7 years and graduated from a musical school as an “A” student. I played piano a few times since then.
- I hold a PhD in science.
- I speak English, French and Russian. I also studied Portuguese for eight months in the past. Moreover, I worked in a company with Italian speaking colleagues for three years, and I now understand spoken Italian at some point.
- I cannot ride a bike, although I drive a car.
- I am a fashion lady with a great sense of style.
- I am looking forward to visiting pastry shops in Paris and attending master classes by French chefs to learn from the best :).
That is a bit about me. And what is about you? Do you like to bake? Let us together start the journey through the delicious world of pastries and discover new tastes and flavors.
I’d love to hear from you! If you’d like to say “hi” or ask any question, please, email me at email@example.com. You can also follow me on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK to see what I am getting up to. Also SUBSCRIBE to our newsletter for recipe updates!