This birthday Brownie cake is intensely chocolatey, soft yet fudgy, with the Chantilly cream and red fruit on top. If you are a chocolate lover, this new twist on the brownie is just for you. Yes, please! Give me a bite!
For the cream Chantilly:
- 1 1/3 cups + 1 tbsp (320 g) whipping cream
- 0.2 oz (6 g) red fruit tea
- 5.6 oz (160 g) white chocolate
For the brownie:
- 5 oz (140 g) butter
- 2.8 oz (80 g) dark chocolate
- 2/3 cup + 3 tbsp (170 g) dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (120 g) eggs
- 1/2 cup + 1 tsp (65 g) flour
- 1 tbsp (8 g) cacao powder
- 1 pinch of salt
For the decoration:
- powdered (icing) sugar
- fresh berries: raspberries, blackberries
To make the cream Chantilly, bring whipping cream to a boil, then remove from heat. Place loose leaf fruit tea in a tea mesh strainer and infuse whipping cream for 3 minutes. Meanwhile, break the white chocolate into pieces. Pass whipping cream though a mini-sieve and discard tea leaves. Pour warm cream over white chocolate and mix with a hand whisk . Cover the preparation with a plastic film on contact and refrigerate overnight.
To make the brownie, preheat oven to 340 F/170 C. Melt butter with dark chocolate (broken into pieces) in a microwave for a few seconds. Place brown sugar and eggs in the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk for 2 minutes. Continue to beat and add the butter/chocolate mixture, flour, cacao powder, salt and mix. Pour the brownie preparation into a buttered rectangular tart pan and bake for 20 minutes. Take the ready brownie out of the oven, let it cool for 30 minutes, then remove the brownie cake from the pan.
To decorate the cake, whisk the cream preparation to get the whipped cream or cream Chantilly. Dust top of the cooled cake with powdered (icing) sugar. Place one part of the ready cream in a pastry bag with a round tip #14 and pipe large balls along the centerline of the cake. Place another part of the cream in a pastry bag with a tip #10 and pipe small balls on both sides of the central line. Warm a watermelon/melon fruit baller spoon or a mini teaspoon up in a bowl with hot water and gently press on top of large cream balls. Drop raspberry jam/preserves into each second large ball (into their cavity) and decorate the Brownie cake with fresh berries.
- Use teabags instead of loose leaf tea, but calculate how many bags you need to infuse whipping cream.
- Make the Chantilly cream and bake the brownie one day in advance and decorate the cake the next day.
- Omit drops of raspberry jam/preserves while decorating the cake. Simply arrange more fresh berries on top of the dessert.
- , wiping it down after every cut.
- Calories: 432
- Sugar: 26.1g
- Sodium: 162mg
- Fat: 31.4g
- Saturated Fat: 19.2g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Protein: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 114mg
Keywords: brownie cake, birthday brownies, birthday brownie cake, easy brownies recipe, easy brownies