French Chocolate Ganache Tart recipe is what you need if you are craving chocolate. It is a simple and elegant dessert with a rich and decadent chocolate ganache. It is perfect to spoil your special one on Valentine’s Day, too!
For the tart crust:
- 1 1/2 cup (190 g) flour
- 4.4 oz (125 g) butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 2 tbsp chilled water
For the chocolate ganache:
- 1/4 cup + 1 tsp (65 g) milk
- 2/3 cup + 1/2 tbsp (160 g) heavy cream
- 5.6 oz (160 g) dark chocolate
- 0.6 oz (16 g) butter
- 2 large whole eggs
- To make the tart crust, in a food processor , place flour, chopped cold butter and vanilla sugar, and process to get fine crumbs. Gradually add chilled water and continue to mix until the pastry dough forms. Shape into a disk, wrap in a plastic film and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Grease a 9 inch/23 cm fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Using a rolling pin , roll out the pastry between two sheets of parchment paper , until about 0.1 inch/3 mm thick. Line the tart pan with the dough and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 355 F/180 C. Trim edges of the pastry with a knife and prick the crust (bottom and sides) with a fork before baking. Bake the tart crust for 20 minutes, until lightly golden. Let the crust cool down in the pan.
- Keep the oven temperature at 355 F/180 C. To make the chocolate ganache, process dark chocolate in a food processor for a few seconds or chop chocolate into small pieces, and place in a bowl. In a saucepan, bring milk, heavy cream and butter to a boil. Pour the milk mixture over chocolate and gently combine with a hand whisk , until homogeneous. Work with the whisk delicately in order not to produce bubbles in the preparation. Add eggs one by one to the chocolate mixture, stir until completely blended.
- Pour the preparation into the cooled tart crust and bake for 15 minutes. The center of the tart will be wobbly.
- Let the tart rest for about 2 to 3 hours, until the chocolate ganache is set. Then decorate the tart as you desire or leave it plain.
- Scharffen Berger dark chocolate or Valrhona dark chocolate , which contain 70% cacao.
- pink champagne biscuits , edible rose buds and pink sugar pearls . , use a stencil with the crushed
- Remove the tart from the fridge about 15 to 30 minutes minutes before serving.
- To cut the tart, dip a knife in hot water, wipe it off and then cut. Wipe the knife off before each cut.
- Calories: 401
- Sugar: 12.3 g
- Sodium: 133 mg
- Fat: 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 17.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.6 g
- Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 6.2 g
- Cholesterol: 107 mg
Keywords: chocolate tart, chocolate ganache tart, French chocolate tart recipe, dark chocolate desserts