These healthy Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies are the ultimate holiday cookies and the best gift idea. Loaded with dried cranberries and covered with white chocolate, they make a healthy sweet treat. Whats more? You will get about 30 cookies within an hour!
For the cookie dough:
- 5.3 oz (150 g) whole almonds with skin on
- 1 cup + 3 1/2 tablespoons (150 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon (75 g) wholemeal flour
- 5.3 oz (150 g) old fashioned oats
- 1 pinch of salt salt
- 7.9 oz (225 g) butter, softened
- 1/3 cup + 5 1/2 teaspoons (100 g) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 4.4 oz (125 g) dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (25 ml) orange juice
For the decoration:
- 8.8 oz (250 g) white chocolate
- To roast almonds, heat oven to 355 F/180 C. Place whole nuts on a baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes. Remove almonds from the oven and let cool. Increase the temperature of the oven to 375 F/190 C. Prepare two baking sheets covered with the parchment paper .
- To make the cookie dough, chop dried cranberries in half and soak in orange juice. Chop roasted nuts into big enough pieces (1/3 inches/0.8 cm). In a separate bowl, mix almonds, all-purpose flour, wholemeal flour , oats, salt, and set aside. Place butter cut into big pieces, sugar, and orange zest in the bowl of a stand mixer and mix on the medium speed for two minutes. Add the almonds/flour dry mixture to the butter/sugar preparation and mix on the low speed, just to combine. Add the drained cranberries and mix for a few seconds. Bring the ready cookie dough on the floured surface of a table and make a ball with hands. You might need to add some flour to facilitate the work with the dough.
- Take half of the dough and roll it out with a rolling pin to reach the thickness of 1/5 inches/0.5 cm. Cut the dough into rounds, using a round cookie cutter of 2.5 inch/7 cm in diameter. Arrange unbaked cookies on baking sheets with the parchment and bake for 18 minutes. Remove ready cookies from the oven and let cool. Finish the remaining dough in the same way.
- To decorate cookies, melt white chocolate on a bain-marie. Pour about one tablespoon of melted chocolate on top of each cookie and spread with the back of a spoon. Leave cookies for about one hour at the room temperature for the chocolate to set down.
- Beat butter, sugar, and orange zest with an electric mixer and then mix the dough in a bowl, using a rubber spatula if you do not have a stand mixer . It works!
- Use dried cherries instead of dried cranberries.
- Replace almonds with other nuts such as hazelnuts, pistachios, or pecans.
- Be sure to check this post about how to melt chocolate.
- Cover cookies with the melted dark or milk chocolate if you prefer.
- Let the chocolate set down for a least one hour before packing cookies.
- Calories: 175
- Sugar: 8.1 g
- Sodium: 67 mg
- Fat: 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.8 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 2.8 g
- Cholesterol: 17 mg
Keywords: chewy oatmeal cookies, healthy oatmeal cranberry cookies, best cranberry oatmeal cookies