Small French cakes with the taste of almond and hazelnut are perfect for a snack or afternoon pick-me-up.
- Hear the oven to 425 degrees F.
- To make beurre noisette (brown butter): in a small pan heat the butter on a medium heat, occasionally swirling, until it begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Let it stand and fully cool down.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, all-purpose flour and nuts’ flour.
- Add egg whites, whisking just to combine. Whisk the brown butter into the egg- flour mixture.
- Generously butter rectangular financier mold . Pour the mixture into the mold filling the cavities.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven, and let it cool before removing cakes from the mold.
- Cover the ready mixture with a plastic wrap placing the film on the surface of the preparation. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, better over night. Then bake.
Keywords: cake, financiers, almond