Chocolat Chaud (French hot chocolate)
Enjoy this easy 2-ingredient French hot chocolate recipe to make authentic chocolat chaud, a Parisian chocolate drink to enjoy any time of the day. You are only 10 minutes away from the best of life's chocolate experiences.
- Prep Time: 1 demitasse cup
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 demitasse cups 1x
- Category: No-Bake Desserts
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: French
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Chop chocolate with a serrated knife and place it aside. Pour milk into a saucepan and heat over medium heat until hot. Remove from heat, add chopped chocolate and stir with a hand whisk until the chocolate is melted.
- Bring the pan back over low heat for 1 minute, constantly whisking. Pour the hot chocolate into the cups and serve immediately.
- Use high-quality bittersweet chocolate (60 to 70% cacao).
- Make sure to add chocolate off the heat to make the hot chocolate smooth.
- Top your hot chocolate with whipped cream if desired.
- Decrease the amount of chocolate, but not less than 2.5 oz./70 g, according to your taste.
- Calories: 362
- Sugar: 18.4 g
- Sodium: 58 mg
- Fat: 24 g
- Saturated Fat: 14.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.5 g
- Fiber: 4.3 g
- Protein: 8.4 g
- Cholesterol: 10 mg
Keywords: French hot chocolate, chocolat chaud, chocolate drink, French hot chocolate recipe