If you ever wanted to create your own nougatine recipe, here is your chance! Made with different kinds of nuts, nougatine has an amazing flavor profile. And it takes only 15 minutes of your time to make something delicious to enjoy in no time at all.
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 3 1x
- Category: No-Bake Desserts
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: French
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1/3 cup (75 g) caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1.7 oz. (50 g) flaked almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F/150 degrees C. Place flaked almonds on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for about 5 to 7 minutes. Watch for the color: almonds should get a slightly golden color.
- Prepare a parchment paper sheet and use a pastry brush or a silicone brush to oil parchment with grapeseed oil.
- To make the caramel, place sugar and water in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and bring it over medium heat. Shake the pot regularly to distribute the heat: do not use utensils. The sugar syrup will start getting a golden color. Once the sugar dissolves and turns into a beautiful golden caramel, remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Add flaked almonds and quickly stir with a wooden spatula. To get the desired color of the nougatine, bring the mixture over medium heat for a few seconds, stirring vigorously. Pour the mixture onto the prepared parchment and spread it into an even, thin layer with a wooden spatula or oiled blade. You can also use a prepared in advance oiled rolling pin to roll out the nougatine gently. Let it cool for at least 25 minutes.
- Break the nougatine into pieces and use it as desired.
- Be careful working with hot caramel. Make sure kids are kept out of the kitchen while working with hot sugar.
- Replace grapeseed oil with vegetable oil.
- To make your nougatine thicker, pour the hot nougatine mixture onto parchment paper and spread it a bit. Cover with the second sheet of parchment on top and roll the mixture out with a rolling pin into a layer of desired thickness before it hardens. Let it cool.
- To cut the nougatine into desired shapes, use an oiled slicing knife while the nougatine is hot.
- Store nougatine flat on parchment paper in an airtight container for up to 1 month. Nougatine should be protected from moisture: avoid storing it in a refrigerator.
- Avoid making nougatine on humid days.
- Serving Size: 1 piece of medium size
- Calories: 201
- Sugar: 25.7 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.1 g
- Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 4.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: nougatine, nougatine recipe, almond nougatine, French nougatine