Easy Peach Compote
You will love this easy-to-make fresh peach compote that goes well as an excellent addition to yogurt, ice cream, or just as it is when served over oatmeal or rice pudding. You can use frozen peaches for this recipe if the fresh ones are out of season.
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Gluten-free Desserts
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: French
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 24.5 oz. (700 g) peaches
- 1 1/2 tablespoon (20 g) salted butter
- 3 tablespoons (35 g) brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- To peel peaches, boil peaches for 30 seconds, remove and place them in an ice-water bath. Peel the peaches by gently rubbing the skin. Cut them in half, then quarters by pitting them. Then cut the quarters into large cubes.
- To make the peach compote, in a heavy-bottomed saucepan, place brown sugar and butter. Heat over medium heat to obtain a caramel: sake the pan over your stove without using utensils. Add the sliced peaches and ground cinnamon, and mix with a wooden spoon. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes over medium heat, occasionally stirring until all the peach pieces are cooked but still a bit firm. Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
- Serve the compote at room temperature plain or sprinkled with pieces of almond nougatine.
- Leave peaches unpeeled if desired.
- Make this compote in advance and store it covered (use a mason jar or a food-safe storage container) in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat it in the microwave just before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 small bowl
- Calories: 173
- Sugar: 33 g
- Sodium: 31 mg
- Fat: 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.2 g
- Fiber: 4.1 g
- Protein: 2.5 g
- Cholesterol: 11 mg
Keywords: peach compote, peach compote recipe, fresh peach compote, peach dessert