Pear cake is a pound loaf cake loaded with pieces of pears and flavored with a cherry brandy Kirsch. It is tender to touch, delicious to taste and effortless to make! Easy recipe!
- 100g flour
- 100g corn flour
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 whole eggs
- 6g baking powder
- 150g whipping cream
- 75g unsalted butter, softened
- 50 ml Kirsch
- Pears in syrup (in a tin)
- Heat the oven to 395 degrees F/200 C.
- To make the cake batter, place the softened butter and sugar in a large bowl. Mix it well. Add the eggs, one at a time, incorporating them into the mixture. Add the whipping cream, Kirsch and flour mixed with the baking powder and corn flour. Combine everything well.
- Drain the pears and cut them into slices or cubes. Place them on a paper towel to absorb the syrup. Flour pear pieces and put aside.
- Butter and flour a loaf baking pan and pour the cake batter into the mold. Place the pear pieces on top of the preparation.
- Bake the Pear cake at for about 30 minutes. Check the readiness of the cake with a tester. It should be dry when you take it out.
- Replace Kirsch by any fruit-based brandy.
- Make Kirsch brandy from Cherry brandy essence (20 ml). Pour the contents of the bottle and 280g of granulated sugar into an empty one liter bottle. Add 770ml of neutral vodka. Shake very well until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Replace the alcohol with any type of juice.
- Calories: 220
- Sugar: 13.8g
- Sodium: 57mg
- Fat: 10.5g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 29.7g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
Keywords: cake, cake recipes, pound cake, pound cake recipe, easy pound cake, loaf cake, pear cake