Chocolate cake is always a winner of the table, and Suzy cake – French chocolate cake – brings it to a new level. Rich and decadent, soft and fluffy, this super-moist five-ingredient cake is made in one hour! Could you resist not making it?
- 8.8 oz (250 g) dark chocolate 70%
- 8.8 oz (250 g) butter, softened
- 2/3 cup + 3 1/2 tablespoons (200 g) granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoons (70 g) flour
- Preheat oven to 355 F/180 C. Butter a 9 inch/23 cm pie pan , cover the bottom with parchment paper , butter the paper, and set aside.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a microwave or bain-marie/water bath (click here to read how to melt chocolate), set aside and let it cool. The chocolate should be slightly warm to touch.
- In a bowl, whisk butter and sugar with an electric or stand mixer until the mixture is creamy, and the sugar is perfectly amalgamated. Add eggs (at room temperature) one by one, beating for about a minute each time. The mixture will become granular: it is all right. Reduce the speed to a minimum, pour the cooled chocolate, and mix until it is incorporated. Keep the same low speed, add flour, and mix until it disappears from the dough, but do not overmix!
- Pour the dough into the pan, smooth the top with a rubber spatula , and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes. It may happen that the top will become cracked, and the cake will not look cooked entirely in the center, which is all right. Check the readiness of the cake: when you insert a knife in the center of the cake, some stained dough will appear on the surface of the blade.
- Take the cake out of the oven and place it (still being in the pan) on a wire rack and let it cool down. Once the cake has cooled at the room temperature, refrigerate it for 1-2 hours to facilitate the removal of the cake. Turn the cake over, remove parchment paper , and place it on a plate. Let the cake come to room temperature before cutting and serving.
- Scharffen Berger dark chocolate * or Valrhona dark chocolate *, which contains 70% cacao.
- Serve the cake in a pan without chilling if you prefer.
- springform pan or a fluted tart pan . A glass bottom springform pan is the best! bake it in a 9 inch/23 cm
- Cut the cake, wiping the knife off before each cut.
- Calories: 559
- Sugar: 27 g
- Sodium: 215 mg
- Fat: 41.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 25.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 44 g
- Fiber: 8.9 g
- Protein: 6.1 g
- Cholesterol: 160 mg
Keywords: French chocolate cake, moist chocolate cake, moist chocolate cake recipe, easy moist chocolate cake