Madeleine Recipe Without Mold
Learn how to bake madeleines without mold with this step-by-step recipe that will teach you everything you need to know about baking these delicious French treats.
- Author: Irina
- Total Time: 45 minutes (plus chilling time)
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: French
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup + 1 1/2 tablespoons (200 g) all-purpose flour
- 7 oz. (200 g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons (10 g) baking powder
- 1/2 lemon, zest
- To make madeleine batter, place eggs, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl and beat with a hand whisk for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add softened butter cut into small cubes and freshly made lemon zest, and mix with an electric mixer for a few minutes until creamy and homogeneous.
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt using a flour sifter. Add dry ingredients to the butter and egg mixture and gently mix with the hand whisk.
- Cover the batter with a piece of plastic wrap (plastic should contact the surface of the batter) and chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F/220 degrees C and heat it for another 10 to 15 minutes. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Use a cookie scoop or a piping bag with the cut tip to fill muffin cups up to 3/4 full with the sponge-like batter.
- Bake in the hot oven at 425 degrees F/220 degrees C for 5 minutes. Then turn the oven to 355 degrees F/180 degrees C and bake for 15 to 17 minutes longer, until golden brown. Use a toothpick to check madeleines for doneness: they are ready if it comes out clean.
- Remove madeleines from the oven and cool for a couple of minutes. Serve warm. Or let your cakes cool down and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- Please read the page entirely devoted to French madeleines, tips, and tricks while making them.
- Don't overmix the batter using a hand mixer; don't overbake your cakes, either.
- Chill the butter overnight if desired and bake the next day.
- Place your muffin pan on the middle oven rack (not a baking sheet) to bake.
- Serving Size: 1 madeleine
- Calories: 268
- Sugar: 16.9 g
- Sodium: 132 mg
- Fat: 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 9.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 98 mg
Keywords: madeleines without mold, madeleine recipe without mold