Crispy crepes Millefeuille is a French signature dessert for crepe lovers. What could be better than a decadent breakfast or a beautiful sweet treat made in 40 minutes? Simply, crepes are on the table!
6 French crepes
For the whipped cream:
- 2/3 cup + 3 1/2 tablespoons (200 g) whipping cream
- 2.8 oz (80 g) mascarpone
- 2 1/2 tablespoons (35 g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange flower water
For caramelized nuts:
- 30 g nuts (pecan, pistachios, hazelnuts, slivered almonds )
- 3 1/2 tablespoons (25 g) powdered (icing) sugar
For the decoration:
- powdered (icing) sugar
- chopped caramelized nuts
- Make French crepes by following the recipe for Authentic French crepes.
- To make crispy crepes, preheat oven to 230 F/110 C. Using a cookie cutter of 3 1/2 inches/9 cm, cut three crepe disks out of one crepe. Repeat the same with other crepes. Arrange crepe circles on a baking sheet covered with the parchment paper , bring them into the oven and dry them out for 30 minutes.
- To caramelize nuts, place nuts and powdered (icing) sugar on a frying pan and heat over medium heat, stirring constantly. Once the sugar starts to caramelize, coat nuts with caramel. Transfer caramelized nuts on the parchment paper and let them cool. Then chop nuts into medium-sized pieces.
- To make the orange whipped cream, whisk whipping cream, mascarpone, and orange flower water to get a firm whipped cream.
- To assemble each Millefeuille, place the first crepe disk on a dessert plate. Using a pastry bag with a tip, pipe the whipped cream on top of the crepe, sprinkle with chopped caramelized nuts. Place the second crepe disk, repeat the process, and finish with a crispy disk. Sprinkle with powdered (icing) sugar, and chopped nuts. Serve immediately.
- so that the Millefeuille remains in its place.
- Serve it with “Coat Albret” – a cider from Loïc and Morgan Berthelot or another type of apple cider.
- Calories: 272
- Sugar: 10.6 g
- Sodium: 77 mg
- Fat: 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.8 g
- Fiber: 0.7 g
- Protein: 6.4 g
- Cholesterol: 92 mg
Keywords: cripsy crepes, crepes Millefeuille, crispy Millefeuille