Enjoy these insanely easy no-bake Banoffee Pie cups made in 15 minutes! Served individually, they are perfect for an entertaining party or a romantic dinner. They are a feast for your eyes and mouth!
Each bite of Banoffee with layered crumbled biscuit, soft toffee filling, seemingly ordinary bananas, and lightly sweetened whipped cream brings a delicate balance to the overall taste. Plus, add love as an ingredient to the recipe, and you will make the perfect dessert.
What is Banoffee?
Banoffee is a combination of banana, cream, and soft toffee (in my case, boiled sweetened condensed milk). The dessert is of British origin and is quite young. The debut was made in the English pub The Hungry Monk in 1972.
In most cases, this delightful banana dessert is made as Banoffee pie, but serving in cups/glasses is another impressive presentation of the dessert.
Why banoffee pie cups recipe works
- This dessert is perfect for an entertaining party or a romantic dinner.
- Orange flower water brings an additional flavor to whipped cream.
- Banana – cookie crumbs – whipped cream is a rich combination of different textures.
- Cooked sweetened condensed milk delivers a beautiful caramel taste.
How to make banoffee cups step by step
Divide three-quarters of the mixture between three cups/glasses, placing cookie crumbs at the bottom. Add 1/2 banana slices in each cup/glass (photo 2) and one tablespoon of cooked sweetened condensed milk.
Whisk whipping cream with brown sugar and orange flower water . Using a pastry bag with your favorite tip, pipe the cream or spoon it on top of the sliced banana, sprinkle with the remaining crumbled shortbread cookies. Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
- Use store-bought Shortbread fingers or replace them with another kind of tea biscuits, such as Digestive Biscuits, for example.
- Switch orange flower water for vanilla extract if you prefer.
- Follow this recipe to cook sweetened condensed milk or use a store-bought Carnation caramel .
More no-bake dessert recipes you will love
- Chocolate Terrine Dessert With Meringue
- French Dark Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- No-Bake Raspberry Oreo Cheesecake Recipe
- Browse all the No-Bake Desserts
If you try this recipe, please, rate it and leave a comment below, I love hearing from you! You can also follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook to see what I am getting up to. Visit my Yummly page and save recipes to your Yummly recipe box. Also, subscribe to my newsletter for recipe updates!Print
Enjoy these insanely easy no-bake Banoffee Pie Cups made in 15 minutes! Served individually, they are perfect for an entertaining party or a romantic dinner. They are a feast for your eyes and mouth!
- 3.5 oz (100 g) shortbread cookies
- 0.8 oz (25 g) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 bananas
- 3 tablespoons cooked sweetened condensed milk (see note #3)
- 1 1/2 cups (300 ml) whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (20 g) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange flower water (optional)
- Place shortbread cookies in a food processor and crush to get cookie crumbs. Use your hands to mix crumbs with softened butter.
- Divide three-quarters of mixture between three cups/glasses, placing cookie crumbs at the bottom. Add 1/2 banana slices in each cup/glass and a nice spoon of dulce de leche .
- Whisk whipping cream cream with brown sugar and orange flower water . Using a pastry bag with your favorite tip, pipe the cream or spoon it on top of the sliced banana, sprinkle with the remaining crumbled shortbread cookies. Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 563
- Sugar: 22.6 g
- Sodium: 195 mg
- Fat: 39.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 22.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 52.2g
- Fiber: 3.5 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 115 mg
Keywords: banoffee cups, banoffee pie cups, banana dessert, banoffee dessert cups
The recipe was adapted from http://www.elle.fr. It was originally published on April 01, 2018. The recipe has been revised to include improved content and photos. All posted pictures are mine.