Get to baking with a list of sweet baking quotes, baking sayings, and cute bakery quotes from experts in the field and celebrities about baking. These will surely inspire you to make the best possible bread, cakes, or cookies.
What is baking for you?
For Lily Collins, baking is "the most calming thing" she can do. For Marian Keyes and Mary Berry, it is rewarding and satisfying in a way that nothing else matches up to.
For some people, like Dwight Henry, baking is a business. For others, it is just something they do in their free time to satisfy the craving for sweet treats.
Baking is a passion, a pleasure, an enjoyable experience, and psychotherapy.
The following quotes are inspirational for a beginner baker looking to take their baking game up a notch.
The bakers' quotes are perfect for when your oven needs an intervention.
Some quotes will make you laugh and maybe even cry. They might evoke memories of your grandma's kitchen and the smell of fresh baked goods.
Finally, we all love good bakery quotes. These are the best ones, right here!
Let’s get started.
Quotes about baking
What are the best baking quotes and sayings? You will find them here, along with bakers' quotes and what celebrities think about their favorite pastime - baking.
1. "Baking is both an art and a science." - Sherry Yard
2. "It's all about a balancing act between time, temperature and ingredients: That's the art of baking." - Peter Reinhart
3. "Cooking and baking are pleasures and I want everyone to be able to experience and share them." - Dorie Greenspan
4. "Baking is how you start kids at cooking in the kitchen." - Sandra Lee
5. "I want to work on some more complicated baking... and it would be interactive!" - Lisa Loeb
6. "More recently, I learned another hobby: baking. It's so much fun to mix all the ingredients together and watch the cake come out great. It's so rewarding when the cake is great and tastes great." - Yani Tseng
7. "I like the idea of baking. I'd like to be good at it. But I feel like I'm young and one day I can be." - Thu Tran
8. "You know, little one, baking and love are the same - a question of freshness, and that all the ingredients, even the most bitter, turn out delicious." - Christian Bobin
9. "Baking happens with ingredients that last for months and come to life inside a warm oven. Baking is slow and leisurely." - Regina Brett
10. "God gives us the ingredients for our daily bread, but he expects us to do the baking!" - Chip Ingram
11. "Cooking and baking is both physical and mental therapy." - Mary Berry
12. "Baking makes me focus. On weighing the sugar. On sieving the flour. I find it calming and rewarding because, in fairness, it is sort of magic - you start off with all this disparate stuff, such as butter and eggs, and what you end up with is so totally different. And also delicious." - Marian Keyes
13. "Baking is... Life. So when you describe what you're making, you must describe life. Do you see? It's not just recipes." - Jenny Colgan
14. "If baking is any labor at all, it's a labor of love. A love that gets passed down from generation to generation." - Regina Brett
15. "My love of baking might have originated with my grandmother. She had a lemon tree growing in her backyard, and one of my favorite memories is of picking lemons together and then baking lemon bars." -- Lisa Graff
16. "Civilisation was built around wheat, around people settling down and not being nomadic. Baking is one of the oldest professions." - Paul Hollywood
17. "Baking is my business, and it will always come first." - Dwight Henry
18. "A basic rule of baking is that, in general, it's almost impossible to make an inedible batch of brownies." - Linda Sunshine
19. "My secret skill is baking bread. My mother was a farmer's daughter and still made bread every day when I was a child. She would have me knead the dough when I got home from school." - Richard Flanagan
20. "The smell of good bread baking, like the sound of lightly flowing water, is indescribable in its evocation of innocence and delight." - M. F. K. Fisher
21. "France has a deep love for cooking and especially baking. " - Tan France
22. "Baking is too precise for me. I cook with a pinch of this or that." - Eva Longoria
23. "The biggest challenge of being a pastry chef is that, unlike other types of chefs, you can't throw things together at a farmer's market. When you're working with baking powder and a formula, you have to be exact. If not, things can go wrong." - Carl Hall
24. "Baking can be done with a few simple ingredients, so it's about simplicity and nostalgia - people are reminded of their childhood." - Paul Hollywood
25. "Winter = baking season. It's on." - Taylor Swift
26. "I wished that my job was baking muffins in a muffin shop, where all I'd have to do was crack eggs and measure flour and make change, and nobody could abuse me, and where they'd even expect me to be fat. Every flab roll and cellulite crinkle would serve as testimony to the excellence of my baked goods." - Jennifer Weiner
27. "Baking is about multi-tasking. If you are organized and prepared, that’s half the battle." - Johnny Iuzzini
28. "American business at this point is really about developing an idea, making it profitable, selling it while it's profitable and then getting out or diversifying. It's just about sucking everything up. My idea was: Enjoy baking, sell your bread, people like it, sell more. Keep the bakery going because you're making good food and people are happy." - Ian MacKaye
29. "A bad day spent baking is better than a good day doing anything else." - Anonymous
30. "Baking is more like chemistry, following certain instructions and knowing what comes out in the end. It’s almost reassuring! Songwriting is a creative process where you go into a session with nothing and can come out of it with something incredible in the end. I never feel like I’m taking a risk with baking, but always with songwriting." - Alice Merton
31. "Language is an art, like brewing or baking.... It certainly is not a true instinct, for every language has to be learnt." - Charles Darwin
32. "Baking cookies is comforting, and cookies are the sweetest little bit of comfort food. They are very bite-sized and personal." - Sandra Lee
33. "Baking is a matter of precision and timing, but I just make things up as I go." - Rumaan Alam
34. "Make gifts meaningful by putting the time in creating them, whether baking and cooking, or in making arts and craft. It will all have more meaning for the giver and receiver." - Lidia Bastianich
35. "He considered himself to be a thoroughly useless man, taking up space in a world to which he contributed nothing but he did have a talent for Baking… The gas oven might blow up in his face, at last bringing him peace, but if it didn't, he would at least have cookies for Agnes." - Dean. R.
36. "Bakers make the world smell better." - Anonymous
37. "In baking, cooks need to understand ingredient ratios." - Sherry Yard
38. "Happiness is baking cookies. Happiness is giving them away. And serving them, and eating them, talking about them, reading and writing about them, thinking about them, and sharing them with you." - Maida Heatter
39. "I believe with baking there is a certain nostalgic fix." - James William Middleton
40. "Unlike writing a book, which can take several years, baking is instant gratification." - Jenna Blum
41. "If you don’t have the confidence in baking, commit to making the recipe three times. The first two, do it exactly the way I’ve told you to make it. Twice. The first time you’ll screw it up. The second time it will come out pretty good, and then the third time, make your adjustments." - Tom Douglas
42. "I like the exactness of baking. I’m not someone who’s like, ‘I’ll just throw a bunch of stuff together. This is gonna taste delicious.’ I am a rule follower: I really like the measuring. It’s completely tedious, but I love that. It’s calming. And I am a total sweetaholic." - Madeline Brewer
43. "Baking’s meant to be done at home. It’s meant to be a good time. It’s not about, like, hoarding secrets. It’s about sharing them." - Christina Tosi
44. "There is no chiropractic treatment, no Yoga exercise, no hour of meditation in a music-throbbing chapel, that will leave you emptier of bad thoughts than this homely ceremony of making bread." - M. F. K. Fisher.
45. "I think baking is very rewarding, and if you follow a good recipe, you will get success." - Mary Berry
46. "Tenderness in baking is usually the result of simple, but superb technique—proper measuring, mixing, and timing. It's easier than you think." - Alice Medrich
57. "Baking is fun! I find it very therapeutic, a stress buster." - Sameera Reddy
Baking inspirational quotes
The following quotes are geared towards inspiring you to bake even harder. They might motivate or inspire the baker in all of us!
48. "Baking cakes has got to be, even innocently, one of the biggest culinary scams. It involves effort; it involves domestic prowess. But believe me, it's easy." - Nigella Lawson
49. "You can have your cake and eat it too and follow your passions, have a family, and be happy." - Ayesha Curry
50. "I'm baking stories, and singing cookies, oh the tonderous wimes!" - Thom Yorke
51. "Baking bread is a lot like growing your faith in the Lord, Carrie Louise. You mix together the best ingredients you can find and wait for the mixture to mature, but it's the heat of the oven that makes it something of worth and substance. The same way the tribulations of this world mature a persons faith." - Dorothy Love
52. "If I survive, I will spend my whole life at the oven door seeing that nobody is denied bread and, so as to give a lesson of charity, especially those who did not bring flour." - Jose Marti
53. "The real issue is not whether baking biscuits is meaningful, but the extent to which the activity can seem to be so after it has been continuously stretched and subdivided across five thousand lives." - Alain De Botton
54. "If you're trying to create a company, it's like baking a cake. You have to have all the ingredients in the right proportion." - Elon Musk
I love baking quotes
What could be better than baking? Baking is such a wonderful and delicious experience.
I love all about baking: from choosing a recipe to the way my oven smells after baking - not to mention how happy I feel when I give my baked goodies away.
55. "I love baking, it's the most calming thing for me. It's therapeutic, it makes the house smell good, and I get to take the goods to my friends. I do it for other people." - Lily Collins
56. "I love the baking, I love the flower arranging." - From the film "Red" (2010)
57. "I love baking. During the winter, they have these candles that smell like cookies, and I always buy like a hundred of them." - Jared Padalecki
58. "I love being in the moment. I love my family. I love chocolate. I love baking." - Debbi Fields
59. "I love being at home and cooking and baking." - Blake Lively
60. "I have dreams of becoming a professional pastry chef and having a little bakery – that’s how much I love baking. I love to cook in general, but my heart lies in desserts." - Kim Barnouin
Baked with love quotes
Nothing tastes better than baked with love.
61. "You don't have to love cooking to cook, but you have to do more than love baking to bake. You have to bake out of love." - Tom Junod
62. "Baking may be regarded as a science, but it's the chemistry between the ingredients and the cook that gives desserts life. Baking is done out of love, to share with family and friends, to see them smile." - Anna Olson
63. "This was why she enjoyed baking. A good dessert could make her feel like she'd created joy at the tips of her fingers. Suddenly, the people around the table were no longer strangers. They were friends and confidantes, and she was sharing with them her magic." - Marissa Meyer
Funny baking quotes
Here are a few funny baking quotes that will make you giggle.
64. "You are the boss of that dough." - Julia Child
65. "I have a giant baking book, so I close my eyes and pick a random page. Whatever it is, I try to bake it!" - Nina Dobrev
66. "The thing with children is they're a bit like baking a fruitcake: you throw all the ingredients in but you never know how they're going to turn out." - Len Goodman
67. "Baking is like washing--the results are equally temporary." - Patricia Briggs
68. "Me writing about tennis is like a baker baking bread." - Ion Tiriac
69. "So we baked and sweated together. I like punching the dough. I told myself it was the moon and punched it senseless." - Susan Beth Pfeffer
70. "I've heard it said that when you die you enter a room of bright light, and that you can smell bread baking just around the corner." - Rick Bass
Cute bakery quotes
Find cute bakery quotes right here. The sweetness of a bakery is something that any other place can't match.
71. "Because you don't live near a bakery doesn't mean you have to go without cheesecake." - Hedy Lamarr
72. My kids are always in the kitchen with me - I bring them to the bakery and let them decorate cakes, and they also try to help me and my wife, Lisa, cook dinner at night." - Buddy Valastro
73. "A pastry chef's lifespan in a restaurant is limited. You have to open a bakery or pastry shop. There's only so far you can go in a restaurant." - Johnny Iuzzini
74. "Dad was a baker, and we lived above the bakery, so I was always popping down to have an apple pie or a doughnut or a custard or gypsy tart: I had a very sweet tooth, and I think that that was what got me into doing what I do now." - Paul Hollywood.
75. "I did work in a bakery for one day. But the boss went off and when he came back I was lying on the floor eating cakes." - Noel Fielding
76. "To be loved. To be desired. Like the raspberry pastries in the bakery window." - Camilla Grebe
77. "I'm not very into pastas or heavy foods like meat, but pastries, especially if they come from a really nice French bakery, I go crazy over! I try to allow myself those little treats in the morning for breakfast, then I have a lighter lunch." - Barbara Fialho
78. "The secret to having an epically beloved bakery is consistency." -Christina Tosi
79. "I saw a bakery truck go by with the name 'Rocco' on it, and that's when I decided to become Alex Rocco." - Alex Rocco
80. "Now when it comes to getting bread I got the keys to the bakery." - DJ Paul
81. "When I was 16 and arrived in France, I discovered chocolate mousse. I was crazy about the bread, too. Every morning, I'd go to the bakery and get a fresh croissant. It made me feel very sophisticated." - Jerry Hall
82. "If I was a criminal, stationery stores and bakeries would be the two kinds of places I would concentrate on." - John Turturro
83. "I have gone through some bad times with my own business. At one point, I was working my socks off, driving, delivering, baking. It was hard, hard work. But I worked through it. Running your own bakery is hard. I never came close to bankruptcy, but I had to cut back on staff." -Paul Hollywood
84. "Why ask for your daily bread when you own the bakery?" - Randy Alcorn
85. "Milk Bar is a quirky American bakery, where the original inspiration is the humble beginnings of American-style baked goods and loving trips to Dairy Queen." - Christina Tosi
86. "My first job at the bakery was jamming doughnuts." - Paul Hollywood
87. "When I first opened Milk Bar, I was also making desserts for the Momofuku restaurants. I will say that by day three or day four, I realized that operating a bakery was so different from operating a restaurant." - Christina Tosi
88. "First, kids should be involved in the production of their own. They have to get their hands in the dirt, they have to grow things. They also have to become sensually stimulated, and the way to begin is with a bakery." - Alice Waters
89. "Bakery air is that steaming hot front of thick, buttery fumes waiting for you just inside the door of a bakery. And I am just going to tell you straight up: That is some fine air!" - Neil Pasricha
90. "When I was 19, I began work at a French sourdough bakery in Balmain." - Adriano Zumbo
91. "My first job was at a local bakery, and when I graduated from high school, I was promoted from retail sales to cake decorator." - Deb Haaland
92. "You might go to a cheap bakery that uses really bad fats and sugars and stuff like that. You go to a nice bakery and you can enjoy a nice sweet that's made well and it doesn't make you put on any weight if you eat in moderation and if you do a little bit of exercise." - Adriano Zumbo
93. "I'd love to own a bakery at some point. My grandmother could help me run it - she is an amazing baker! I'd also love to do a cookbook." - Jordin Sparks
94. "For me, it is always part of my holiday to go and work my way along the shelf in the local artisan bakery with its breads, savoury tartlets, pastries and cakes. It is soul food: one of those things that tells you about a place and the history of a place and its people." - Paul Hollywood
95. "My father was a lesson. He had his own bakery, and it was closed one day a week, but he would go anyway. He did it because he really loved his bakery. It wasn't a job." - Christopher Walken
96. "I was drawn to bakery and pastry. It's the same discipline you employ in dance - you take the instruction, and you keep on practicing, seeking perfection. You never achieve it, but you strive." - Ron Ben-Israel
97. "I love bread, but I won't buy it every day in the same bakery." - Frank Borklacq
98. "They can have a bakery whole and always be jealous of your piece of bread." - Arisko D'Amour
99. "Don't work to get your piece of bread. Work to seek to own bakery." - Br Rhan Brunet Valdes Angwe Mintsa
100. "My dad's an architect and my mom owned a French bakery for twelve years." - Alison Lohman
101. "Sometimes I feel like I've got my nose pressed up against the window of a bakery, only I'm the bread." - Carrie Fisher
Proverbs about baking
And here are a few proverbs about baking.
If you have a head of butter, don't be a baker. - French proverb
"It is good baking besides meal." - Scotch proverb
"Everyone is kneaded out of the same dough but not baked in the same oven." - Yiddish Proverb
"It is bad baking without flour and water." - German proverb
"As you bake so shall you brew." - German proverb
"As you bake, so shall you eat." - Romanian proverb
"All men are baked in the same clay." - German proverb
I hope you enjoyed this baking quotes collection. Which is your favorite? Pin this post to Pinterest so you can come back later.
If you are a dessert lover, you might want to check the best dessert quotes.
Plus, ice cream quotes will help cool down your kitchen during the hot summer days!
Note: The quotes' spelling and grammar match with the source.
If you want to share a baking quote or know the quote's author marked as "anonymous," please, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.