Here is a list of hot chocolate quotes and sayings for those in love with the centuries-old drink. You will indeed find this collection irresistible.
The first thing that comes to mind when you think of winter is hot chocolate. It is a warm, comforting drink perfect for chilly days and nights.
The French have been consuming hot chocolate for generations now, and it is clear that they thrive off this drink. A recent report says that 50% of the population starts their day with a cup of hot chocolate.
Hot cocoa is loads healthier than coffee. So if you are looking to cut back on your caffeine intake or just want an alternative go ahead and make this delicious hot chocolate today.
And don't forget to celebrate Hot Chocolate Day on January 31, a special day devoted to this favorite chocolate drink.
Finally, enjoy these quotes for hot chocolate and hot-chocolate-inspired sayings that will have you craving more.
Also, have a good laugh with funny hot chocolate quotes. The more you laugh, the better your day will be!
Grab this best 2-ingredient French hot chocolate recipe.
Quotes about hot chocolate
The hot chocolate quotes are endless, so stop searching. You have found them all right here.
1. "Today everything has to be quick and easy ... ready meals, powdered hot chocolate, instant coffee ... Living takes time. We have to give each other time." - Karin Fossum
2. "There's nothing like hot chocolate and a hug for making the nightmares go away." - Neil Gaiman
3. "I love cheeseburgers and chocolate - milk, not dark, and hot chocolate with marshmallows in the winter!" - Nina Dobrev
4. "On hot chocolate: It flatters you for a while, it warms you for an instant; then all of a sudden, it kindles a mortal fever in you." - Marie, Marquise de Sévigné
5. "The chocolate, which in its name chocolate tells us its Mexican origin, really deserves the pompous name given to it by the botanists of Theobroma, food of the Gods. It is food and drink; it is comfort to the ventricle and lash to the brain; but all this for those who can digest it." - Paolo Mantegazza
6. "Love is like swallowing hot chocolate before it has cooled off. It takes you by surprise at first, but keeps you warm for a long time." - Henri Frederic Amiel
7. "An ordinary bar, a handful of slow hours, a hot chocolate and a dream to watch calmly." - Fabrizio Caramagna
8. "Hot chocolate, fireplace, Anna Wislawa chatting happily. I don't believe in destiny, but in a benevolent propensity of the universe towards a state of equilibrium." - Riccardo Giannitrapani
9. "Blood is really warm, it's like drinking hot chocolate but with more screaming." - Ryan Mecum
10. "Because the best gift in life, is just having someone to drink hot chocolate with." - Tessa Shaffer
11. "I've got this thing for spicy stuff. Now, if you give me hot chocolate with chili pepper, a book and a bubble bath, I'm a happy girl." - Shiloh Walker.
12. "Watch the sunrise at least once a year, put lots of marshmallows in your hot chocolate, lie on your back and gaze at the stars, never buy a coffee table you can't rest your feet on, never miss a chance to jump on a trampoline, don't overlook the little joys in life as you seek out the big ones." - H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
13. "The superiority of chocolate, both for health and nourishment, will soon give it the preference over tea and coffee in America which it has in Spain." - Thomas Jefferson
14. "If you want to have good chocolate, have it prepared from the day before in a ceramic coffee pot and leave it to it. During the night, while resting, it concentrates and becomes more velvety: this makes it better." - Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
15. "Hot chocolate?" Roger said, realizing as he said it that he didn't really know how to make hot chocolate. It couldn't be that hard." - John Lancaster
16. "There is something about Christmas that requires a rug rat. Little kids make Christmas fun. I wonder if could rent one for the holidays. When I was tiny we would by a real tree and stay up late drinking hot chocolate and finding just the right place for the special decorations." - Eugene H. Peterson
17. "Love is like swallowing hot chocolate before it has cooled off. It takes you by surprise at first but keeps you warm for a long time." - Henri Frederic Amiel
18. "She stared at her hot chocolate as if it held the secret of the universe." - Lilith Saintcrow
19. "Cold and a spoonful of cream are the key ingredients for a tantalizing hot chocolate." - Khang Kijarro Nguyen
20. "What I love is Mexican hot chocolate, like a spicy hot chocolate - adding cayenne pepper to the Hershey's cocoa and making a spicy-sweet treat." - Kimberly Williams-Paisley
21. "People who regularly drink chocolate are distinguished by good health and resistance to all kinds of minor illnesses that disturb the serenity of life." - Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
22. "Hot chocolate is good for the palate and good for the soul." - Anonymous
23. "The sofa, hot chocolate, a book and support in the evening there, in the middle. And I'm watching the world." - Fabrizio Caramagna
24. "Oh, no way," Leo said. "We've been sitting in a cave and you get the luxury tent? Somebody give me hypothermia. I want hot chocolate and a parka!" - Rick Riordan
25. "Taking a sip of the hot chocolate he'd made her, she met his gaze, those eerie eyes of endless black impenetrable, unreadable. "Max?" "Yes?" "Will you remember me?" His heart broke into a thousand pieces. "Always." - Nalini Singh
26. "Sometimes, I think Trent just needs a cup of hot chocolate and a blankie." - Tori Amos
27. "I remember being very young and going to AA meetings with my father in Brooklyn. I thought it was fun because they served hot chocolate and cookies." - Rochelle Aytes
28. "I don't really need a personal trainer or watch what I eat. I can't start the day without a hot chocolate or finish it without a few squares of dark chocolate. It's good for my mood!" - Blake Lively
A cup of hot chocolate quotes
The warmth from a cup of hot chocolate drink is enough to make the coldest day seem like it is not so bad.
Add a lot of marshmallows and enjoy this traditional winter treat with someone you care about, whether a family member or your best friend. The power of hot chocolate is to bring people together.
29. "And then comes a cup of hot chocolate and cream to tell us how to start over each time." - Fabrizio Caramagna
30. "The compliment warmed me like a cup of hot chocolate." - Rick Riordan
31. "My favorite thing about the holiday season is the lights! I love walking around with family, friends, and a cup of peppermint hot chocolate to look at all the beautiful lights and decorations." - Caroline Sunshine
32. "All those who have taken a few too many sips of the cup of voluptuousness, those who have spent working a good part of the time that should be devoted to rest, the men of genius who feel temporarily stupid, those who find the air too humid, the time too long and the atmosphere difficult to bear, those who feel tormented by a fixed idea that takes away their freedom to think, all of them, I said, try a good half liter of amber chocolate [...] and they will see miracles." - Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
33. "Some Spanish women found their morning cup of chocolate so good one day, that one of them said she wished there was to take some pity, in order to find it even more excellent." - Carlo Dossi
34. "She brought me a cup of chocolate herself. I've never drank like it. Chocolate to die for, sweet, velvety, fragrant, intoxicating. I couldn't take my mouth off the delicious rim of the cup." - Guy de Maupassant
35. "It is said that the formula of relativity was discovered by Einstein over a cup of hot chocolate. In fact E = mc2 indicates: energy = milk * cocoa squared." - Anonymous
36. "The divine drink, which builds up resistance and fights fatigue. A cup of this precious drink (cocoa) permits a man to walk for a whole day without food." - Montezuma / Aztec Emperor
37. "Today was a very cold and bitter day, as cold and bitter as a cup of hot chocolate, if the cup of hot chocolate had vinegar added to it and were placed in a refrigerator for several hours." - Daniel Handler
38. "The world won't get any more or less terrible if we stay indoors with a cup of hot chocolate ... although it's possible it will feel slightly less terrible if there are marshmallows in the hot chocolate." - Kamila Shamsie
39. "Fruit of all the kinds that the country produced were laid before him; he ate very little, but from time to time a liquor prepared from cocoa, and of an aphrodisiac nature, as we were told, was presented to him in golden cups…..I observed a number of jars, above fifty, brought in, filled with foaming chocolate. Of which he took some….." - Bernal Diaz del Castillo describing emperor Montezuma / Aztec Emperor
40. "His ideal place was at the window with a bowl of candied fruit beside him, a cup of hot chocolate every now and then, a glass of laudanum to feel at peace, a pinch of tobacco for the delight of the nose." - Dacia Maraini
41. "There is something so comforting, so relaxing about a cup of hot chocolate. No matter how old I am, I think hot chocolate will always have the ability to take me back to special times, when all the problems in the world seemed to dissolve by consuming a simple drink." - Lisa Schroeder
42. "Blustery cold days should be spend propped up in bed with a mug of hot chocolate and a pile of comic books." - Bill Watterson
Funny hot chocolate quotes
The best quotes are the ones that make you laugh. So here is a list of funny, witty, and clever sayings about hot chocolate!
43. "A good cup of chocolate around 11 in the morning opens the stomach for lunch." - Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
44. "I have a doctorate in hot chocolate, know that." - Meg Leder
45. "You just need a little perspective. Hot chocolate can give it to you." - Giada De Laurentiis
46. "Perfect, that's our plan then. But you'll have to give up being a priest first. I wouldn't want to just sit around whispering and sipping hot chocolate." - Ted Dekker
47. "People get so in the habit of worry that if you save them from drowning and put them on a bank to dry in the sun with hot chocolate and muffins they wonder whether they are catching cold." - John Jay Chapman
48. "I was going to sip on a diet soda, but a little voice convinced me I needed the extra calcium from a cup of hot chocolate." - Cathy Guisewite
49. "You know, some Parisians start their morning with a mug of hot chocolate. Really? Emilia asked, taking a fourth and fifth sip. The chocolate is like medicine to take away your troubles and help you see that life is sweet." - Giada De Laurentiis
50. "I'm not sure, but I think a hot chocolate will save the world." -@eronelcassetto, Twitter
51. "Hot chocolate is like a hug from the inside." - Anonymous
52. "I have to give a hot change to my evening, I'm going to make myself a hot chocolate." - @rattodisabina, Twitter)
53. "Hot chocolate is the least threatening of all drinks, isn't it? Nothing bad ever happened with drinking hot chocolate." - Jana Aston
54. "If you have nothing to do tonight, would you like to go get a hot chocolate with cream and fall in love a little bit?" - @p_episcopo, Twitter)
55. "Part 1- In search of Hot Chocolate-Chip Cookies" - James Patterson
Want more laughs? Here are dozens of funny chocolate quotes.
I am happy you had a chance to enjoy these hot chocolate sayings and quotes.
Share this post with your friends on social media: the hot chocolate lover in your life will be delighted by these unexpectedly thoughtful and clever observations on the beloved drink.
And don't forget to pin this post to Pinterest so you can come back later.
Also, I have a whole library of creative quotes to inspire your next baking adventure. Why not try them out?
- Sweet dessert quotes
- Delicious cake quotes and sayings
- Perfect cookie quotes
- Sweet baking quotes
- Best chocolate quotes and sayings
Note: The quotes' spelling and grammar match with the source.
If you want to share a chocolate quote or know the quote's author marked as "anonymous," please, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.