For all chocolate lovers and fans of decadent cocoa treats, these chocolate quotes will make you say, "so true." Enjoy sweet sayings about chocolate, funny chocolate quotes, and short, witty phrases.
So what is chocolate for you?
Is it more than just food, like for Patrick Skene Catling? Or maybe is it a mix of feelings, like happiness, ecstasy, and fantasy, the same as what Elaine Sherman feels?
For many, chocolate is a reminder of happiness and joy. It is no wonder that Christelle Le Ru regards it as therapy for her. Ruth Westheimer feels the "sensual pleasure" from eating this guilty treat.
And for Ernst Knam, the king of chocolate, "chocolate is everything, a 360 ° world."
Let's start a journey to learn the ways you can enjoy chocolate by checking out these famous quotes dedicated just to this delicious treat below.
Quotes about chocolate
The following cute quotes about chocolate will make you realize why this delicious treat is so special.
1."Everything is good if it's made of chocolate." - Jo Brand
2. "Other foods are just food. But chocolate is chocolate." - Patrick Skene Catling
3. "To the questions of life, chocolate gives an answer articulated in many cubes and flakes." - Fabrizio Caramagna
4. "Chocolate! This is a word that evokes indescribable ecstasies. Is there a man, a woman or a child who has not desired it, who has not devoured it, and who the next moment has not dreamed of devouring it again?" - Elaine Gonzales
5. "As long as there is chocolate, there will be happiness." - Wayne Gerard Trotman
6. "Chocolate is the greatest gift to women ever created." - Sandra Bullock
7. "People who regularly drink chocolate are distinguished by good health and resistance to all kinds of minor illnesses that disturb the serenity of life." - Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
8. "Chemically speaking, chocolate really is the world's perfect food." -Michael Levine
9. "Strength is the ability to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands and then eat just one of those pieces." - Judith Viorst
10. "My favorite dish is my chocolate mousse. It's like heaven on earth. It's the best chocolate mousse that you could ever imagine. You have to start with the highest-quality chocolate." - Nancy Pelosi
11. "The world is divided into: those who eat chocolate without bread; those who cannot eat chocolate unless they also eat bread; those who don't have chocolate; those who do not have bread." - Stefano Benni
12. "Do you know what chocolate is made of?
It is made of cocoa, dense, strong, velvety.
It is made of abyss, dark, deep, enveloping.
It is made up of dreams, ecstatic, light, mysterious."
- Fabrizio Caramagna
13. "Chocolate: the mixture of toasted cocoa nibs with sugar and cinnamon; because with cocoa alone, we only make cocoa paste and not chocolate." - Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
14. "Chocolate without sugar, sometimes can be bitter, but it will always be sweeter than a hurting truth." - Carlos Barra
15. "Treat sadness with chocolate and laugh in the faces of passers-by!" - Marina Tsvetaeva
16. "Love chocolate to the fullest, without complex or false shame, because remember: “without a grain of madness, there is no reasonable man." - François de La Rochefoucauld
17. "Do you prefer chocolates or candies?"
"Well, I would discard the candies ..."
- Alessandro Bergonzoni
18. "Venice is like eating an entire box of liqueur chocolates all at once." - Truman Capote
19. "Coffee makes it possible to get out of bed. Chocolate makes it useful." - Anonymous
20. "Chocolate face to face is sumptuous, at the end of a dinner it is superb, it is happiness, a rite, a ceremony." - Sonia Rykiel
21. "Chocolate is ruin, happiness, pleasure, love, ecstasy, fantasy..." - Elaine Sherman
22. "Chocolate is not only palatable, it is also a wonderful balm for the mouth." - Stephani Blancardi
23. "My chocolate bars have become marmalade." - Sick Body
24. "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get." - Robert Zemeckis / Forrest Gump
25. "Chocolate is good with... vanilla, milk, strawberries, ice cream, chocolate!" - Anonymous
26. "Patience is like chocolate... We never have enough!" - Christine Heurtault
27. "People are so worried by nature that if we save them from drowning and, once on the bank, we give them hot chocolate and cakes, they will be afraid of catching cold." - John Jay Chapman
28. "Chocolate plunges otherwise normal beings into strange ecstatic states." - John West
29. "In chocolate there are nuanced shades of black, veiled mysteries of taste, abysses of pleasure." - Fabrizio Caramagna
30. "Does the notion of chocolate contradict the principle of free will?" - Sandra Boynton
31. "I like food: hamburgers, pizzas, gnocci, mashed potatoes and especially chocolate I like to eat to eat. Sometimes I'm sad for models who don't eat. When you love food, you love life. When you love life, you love to love." - Laetitia Casta
32. "Now she and I are sitting together in her room and eating chocolate, and I tell her that in the distant future, when we both go to heaven, we should try to get the chairs next to each other, near the dessert table." - Anne Lamott
33. "Dark foods like coffee, chocolate, truffles are often associated with things like excitement and luxury. These dark and strange substances must be very old and full of meaning." - Margaret Visser
34. "Chocolate is, rather than nectar or ambrosia, the true food of the gods." - Joseph Bachot
35. "I couldn't separate my mouth from the delicious edges of his cup. A chocolate to die for, soft, velvety, fragrant, intoxicating." - Guy de Maupassant
36. "Life without chocolate is a life that lacks something important." - Frederic Morton
37. "Reminiscent of childhood memories, luxury, sweetness and sensuality, chocolate is more than just a food – it is therapy." - Christelle Le Ru
38. "Don't ruin a sublime chocolate experience by feeling guilty." - Lora Brody
39. "To angels, God gave wings, to humans, chocolate." - Anonymous
40. "My desire for chocolate has seldom diminished, even in times of great peril." - Marcel Desaulnier
41. "Anyone who has drunk a cup of chocolate resists a day of travel." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
42. "I learned about the only two remedies for pain , sadness , paturnias and similar sores of the human heart : they are chocolate and time ... I mean that when you feel sad and grief, you just need to eat a little of chocolate or wait a while." - Tommaso Landolfi
43. "Life is like chocolate: you should enjoy it piece for piece and let it slowly melt on your tongue." - Nina Sandmann
44. "Good chocolate should be listed as a masterpiece, a sculpture, an artist's proof, and taste it sweetly while drinking hot oriental tea, listening to Mozart." - Sonia Rykiel
45. "I can't live without chocolate, I always carry a box in my bag." - Nancy Meyers
46. "Chocolate is everything, a 360 ° world. Unfortunately, we often forget that it is not born as such, the tablets are not collected from trees. At the base there are the cocoa beans, from which the chocolate is then extracted in all its forms and textures." - Ernst Knam
47. "I don't drown my pains. I choke them with chocolate." - Anonymous
48. "When I was a kid, all I loved were books and chocolate." - Sonia Rykiel
49. "Chocolate is divine, soft, sensual, deep. Black, sumptuous, gratifying, powerful, dense, creamy, seductive, suggestive, rich, excessive, silky, soft, luxurious, heavenly..." - Elaine Sherman
50. "A bar of chocolate.
You don't have to just try it. You have to choose it with curious and impatient eyes.
You don't have to just taste it. You must have it.
You don't have to just swallow it. You have to bring it up in the mind."
- Fabrizio Caramagna
51. "My father and mother had almost no time for me. I remembered that I was not needed by anyone, and all my life I doubted that it could be otherwise. Chocolate was my only love, and it never betrayed me." - Audrey Hepburn
52. "Chocolate is a good thing. There are young ladies who love only the bitter variety - haughty gourmets." - Vladimir Nabokov
53. "If I have chocolate around, I will eat it. I love it, I love it, I love it. I like a piece every day." - Julia Louis-Dreyfus
54. "God isn't chocolate, he's the encounter between chocolate and the palate capable of appreciating it." - Amelie Nothomb
Inspirational chocolate quotes
If you are looking for some inspiration to make your day sweeter, these quotes about chocolate will be just what you need.
55. "Let's celebrate our agreement by adding some milk chocolate." - Homer Simpson
56. "Everywhere in the world there are tensions – economic, political, religious. So we need chocolate." - Alain Ducasse
57. "Chocolate and sweets, two things that make life worth living." - Gianni Monduzzi
58. "Happiness sometimes comes through chocolate." - Ibousto
59. "When I feel myself getting overwhelmed, I take a deep breath and eat a piece of chocolate."- Adrian Grenier
60. "Take chocolate so that the meanest companies seem good to you." - Madame de Sévigné
61. "You just need a little perspective. Warmed chocolate can give you that."- Giada De Laurentiis
62. "I pray. I meditate. I eat chocolate. I dance." - Elizabeth Perkins
63. "When you feel like dying, chocolate tastes even better than usual." - Romain Gary
64. "Life is like chocolate, it's the bitter that makes you appreciate the sugar." - Xavier Brebion
65. "Patience is like chocolate... You can never have enough of it!" - Christelle Heurtault
66. "Chocolate makes everyone happy. Sharing chocolates with others is a form of communication which says, You can share all your sweet and dark secrets with me." - Ruchi Prabhu
67. "An idea is like a pain au chocolat. You have to let it cool to see if it is really good." - Serge Uzzan
68. "And the truth is that men come and go in our lives, they can bring joy or pain but whatever happens we have our friendship and chocolate, no one can take them away." - Carole Matthews
Chocolate love quotes
Chocolate is closely associated with love, and it is seen as both an aphrodisiac and antidepressant.
The list of romantic chocolate quotes could go even longer, but these few examples represent the pleasures of chocolate and love well enough.
69. "Nothing is more romantic than chocolate." - Ted Allen
70. "Chocolate says 'I'm sorry' so much better than words." - Rachel Vincent
71. "Chocolate symbolizes, as does no other food, luxury, comfort, sensuality, gratification, and love." - Karl Petzke
72. "The taste of chocolate is a sensual pleasure in itself, which belongs to the same sphere as the sexual one … As far as I'm concerned, I can enjoy the mischievous pleasure of chocolate … entirely by myself. Discretion makes it better." - Ruth Westheimer
73. "Chocolate is not something you can take or leave, something you like only moderately. You don't like chocolate. You don't even love chocolate. Chocolate is something you have an affair with."- Geneen Roth
74. "When we don’t have the words chocolate can speak volumes." - Joan Bauer
75. "There is nothing more aphrodisiac than a chocolate mousse spread on the skin, but make sure that the skin is yours, because if you brush your partner with mousse, then you will have to lick it and it is very high caloric potential." - Isabel Allende
76. "Moderation, honey, in all things but love and chocolate. That’s my motto." - Barbara Bretton
77. "A good morning greets you with a cup of hot latte, but only love can add a sprinkle of chocolate." - S. Lawrence
78. "Women need chocolate. It’s a scientific fact." - Sophie Kinsella
79. "Don't think chocolate is a substitute for love... Love is a substitute for chocolate." - Miranda Ingram
80. "Chocolate is a living matter, it has its own inner language. Only when it feels the object of intimate attention, and only then, does it cease to bewitch the throat and begin to dialogue with the senses." - Alexander Von Humboldt
81. "When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile." - Regina Brett
82. "All you need is love, but a little chocolate from time to time doesn't hurt!" - Charles M. Schulz
83. "Chocolate contains phenylethylamine, the same substance that the brain releases when we are in love. So why fall in love? Eat chocolate!" - Anonymous
84. "The love? Overrated. From a biochemical point of view it is no different than a big feast of chocolate." - John Milton
85. "Chocolate also has a symbolic value in the rituals of amorous courtship. What woman hasn't seen her defenses collapse in front of a box of chocolates?" - Isabel Allende
86. "Happy chocolate, who after having traveled the world, through the smiles of women, finds death in a tasty and melting kiss from their mouths." - Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
87. "Chocolate makes us perverse, it awakens guilt in us, it pushes us to sin, it gives us health, it makes us chic and happy." - Elaine Sherman
88. "Chocolate is of course the stuff dreams are made of. Rich, dark, silky, sweet dreams that cloud the senses and arouse the passions." - Judith Olney
89. "The most beautiful love verses can be used to conquer a woman or to wrap chocolates." - Fabio Fazio
90. "How do you feel when the vanilla fudge melts in your mouth for the first time? Not surprisingly, this feeling is used to describe the intensity of love and sex. " - Sidney Wilfred Mintz
91. "Chocolate it's like words of love, it's good for morale." - Light
92. "I don't know anything more erotic than a bar with a high percentage of cocoa." - Paul Loup Sulitzer
Funny chocolate quotes
If you are looking for funny chocolate sayings to entertain your friends and make them laugh, this is the perfect list.
93. "Research tells us that fourteen out of ten people love chocolate." - Sandra Boynton
94. "Put "eating chocolate" at the top of your to-do list today. In this way, at least one thing you will do." - Anonymous
95. "Chocolate makes everyone smile - even bankers." - Benneville Strohecker
96. "What you see before you, my friend, is the result of a lifetime of chocolate." - Katharine Hepburn
97. "Chocolate is an antidepressant, so it's ideal when you start gaining weight." - Jason Love
98. "Exercise is a dirty word… Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate." - Charles M. Schultz
99. "Chocolate is cheaper than therapy, and you don't need an appointment." - Jill Shalvis
100. "Nine out of ten people like chocolate. The tenth person always lies." - John Tullius
101. "Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain." - Dave Barry
102. "Men can be divided into two categories: those who like chocolate and those who don't want to admit it." - Anonymous
103. "Good chocolate won't make you sick. It won't even make you fat." - Robert Linxie
104. "Without chocolate, we would have to find something else to do with the fruit and nuts." - Anthony T. Hincks
105. "Even if you give a cow a drink of cocoa you will not milk chocolate." - Stanislaw Lec
106. "Aren't you going to ruin your teeth with all that chocolate?" "But I have a friend who is a dentist." “I mean, someone who has a dentist friend then has to ruin his teeth. And if I had a pathologist friend what should I do?". - Marrakesh Express
107. "They say chocolate replaces sex in many brain chemical functions. I didn't know I had so much sex ..." - Guru
108. "Some people when they see cheese, chocolate or cake they don't think of calories." - Amit Kalantri, "Wealth Of Words."
109. "I don't believe in love phrases contained in chocolates. The only sentence they should put in is "You're gaining weight, you idiot!" - Geppi Cucciari
110. "Once we hit forty, women only have about four taste buds left: one for vodka, one for wine, one for cheese, and one for chocolate." - Gina Barreca.
111. "There is nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with chocolate." - Linda Grayson
112. "Money can’t buy happiness. But, it can buy a chocolate, which is pretty much the same thing." - Hanako Ishii
113. "Opposites that attract. Like orange peel and chocolate." - Fabrizio Caramagna
114. "Who said that chocolate is not one of the main energetics of the human diet? Seems more nutritious to me than beans and broccoli, just to name a few." - Isabel Allende
115. "If you give her some chocolates, she's on a diet. If you give her flowers, she's allergic." - Anonymous
116. "A 25-gram bar of chocolate equals four kilos of fat." - Arthur Bloch
117. "The 12-step chocolate program: Never be more than 12 steps away from chocolate!" - Terry Moore
118. "Man can't live on chocolate alone, but woman can." - Anonymous
119. "If chocolate is a taste of Heaven, what does the fact that it is within everyone's reach mean?" - David Augsberger
120. "In a perfect world, neither chocolate nor alcohol would have so many calories." - John Gratton
121. "If there is no chocolate in heaven, I don't want to go!" - Jane Seabrook
122. "Men are like chocolate bars. Sweet, smooth and usually point to your hips." - Susan Savannah
123. "Nothing heals the soul like chocolate. […] Chocolate is God's excuse for broccoli." - Richard Paul Evans
124. "A good cup of chocolate around 11 in the morning opens the stomach for lunch." - Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
125. "Interesting. Sex works even better than chocolate for behavior modification. I wonder if science has already discovered this." - Jim Parsons
126. "A chocolate doesn't ask stupid questions, it gives immediate answers." - Carlo Pin
127. "Forget the diamonds, it's chocolate, I think you'll agree, girls' best friend." - Carole Matthews
128. "Attention! Chocolate can reduce the size of your clothes." - Anonymous
129. "Researchers have found that chocolate produces reactions in the brain similar to those of marijuana... They have also found other similarities but can't remember them anymore!" - Matt Lauer
130. "I know that God is a man. If he were a woman he would have created chocolate flavored sperm." - Carrie Snow
131. "This chocolate bar and I will have no more secrets for each other by the end of the evening." - Fabrizio Caramagna
132. "Put the chocolate in your bag and you will never get hurt." - Fragmentarius
133. "The greatest tragedies were written by the Greek Sophocles and the English Shakespeare. They both did not know chocolate." - Sandra Boynton
134. "Self-discipline involves some unpleasant things for me, for example staying away from chocolate and keeping my hands off women's skirts." - Oleg Kiselev
135. "Men are like chocolate. At first they are all very sweet but then a bitter aftertaste always comes out. Fortunately, there are also reliable ones such as gianduiotti: they do not disappoint even after a feast." - Tina Grube
136. "Is the mother of an Easter egg a chocolate hen?" - From Children's Words / Enfandises.com
137. "Boy bands have their shirts open so you can see their chocolate bar and tight pants so you can see the hazelnuts!" - Laurent Ruquier
138. "What are cartridges used for in a battle? Me, instead, I always take chocolate." - George Bernard Shaw
139."Switzerland: Since its two national products, snow and chocolate, melted away, the cuckoo clock was invented so that tourists would have something solid as a souvenir!" - Alan Coren
140. "If God were a woman, the world would work better. And there would be fewer calories in chocolate and more in endives." - Alix Girod
141. "On the sixth day, God created the Clown, Antonet, Pipo, Bario, Paul, Albert and François Fratellini, Little Walter, Footit and Chocolat, Grock... On the seventh day, he had to rest because he was still laughing!" - Jean-Paul Farré
142. "Sexuality? It's like when you ate too much chocolate. Then we have a liver attack …" - Brigitte Bardot
143. "Art is already advertising. The Mona Lisa could have served as a support for a brand of chocolate, Coca-Cola or anything else." - Andy Warhol
144. "You know an odd feeling? Sitting on the toilet eating a chocolate candy bar." - George Carlin
145. "If I were a school principal, I would get rid of the history teacher and replace him with a chocolate teacher; my students would study at least one subject that concerns them all." - Roald Dahl
146. "Remember the days when you let your child have some chocolate if he finished his cereal? Now, chocolate is one of the cereals." - Robert Orben
147. "If a Snickers chocolate bar has 50% sugar, wouldn't it be safe to eat the other half?" - Wakas Mir
148. "I could give up chocolate but I'm not a quitter." - Lora Brody
149. "In the cookie of life, friends are the chocolate chips." - Salman Rushdie
150. "After about 20 years of marriage, I'm finally starting to scratch the surface of what women want. And I think the answer lies somewhere between conversation and chocolate." - Mel Gibson
151. "Caramels are only a fad. Chocolate is a permanent thing." - Milton S. Hershey
Short chocolate quotes
We all need a little chocolate now and then. What better way than with these short but sweet quotes from the world's greatest minds.
152. "No chocolate - no breakfast!" - Charles Dickens
153. "Every sensible person loves chocolate." - Bob Greene
154. "Chocolate is happiness that you can eat." - Ursula Kohaupt
155. "Tobacco can kill, chocolate can't." - Fidel Castro
156. "Life is just a Box of Chocolates." - James Lipton
157. "Money can talk, but chocolate sings." - Anonymous
158. "If I die eating chocolate, I'll die happy." - Cailey Sims
159. "Everyone has a price - mine is chocolate." - Anonymous
160. "What is health? It's chocolate!" - Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
161. "When no one understands you, chocolate is there." - Daniel Worona
162. "Chocolate is a gift of love to yourself." - Sonja Blumenthal
163. "Save the earth. It is the only planet with chocolate" - Anonymous
164. "Chocolate is the answer. Who cares what the question is." - Anonymous
165. "Chocolate is comfort without words." - Ursula Kohaupt.
166. "Look, there’s no metaphysics on earth like chocolate." - Fernando Pessoa
167. "Chocolate is ground from the beans of happiness." - Terri Guillemets
168. "If chocolate is the answer….the question is irrelevant." - Kim Knott
169. "My favorite color is chocolate." - Anonymous
170. "I never met a chocolate I didn’t like." - Deanna Troi
171. "Chocolate should be savored, not rushed." - Rick Riordan
172. "Chocolate: the poor man’s champagne." - Daniel Worona
Dark chocolate quotes
The most delicious, crave-worthy food can also be one of the best slimming foods.
Dark chocolate is an ideal addition to any weight loss plan as one square only contains about 40 calories.
173. "Dark chocolate, and salt and vinegar chips are my weakness - but not together." - Gail Simmons
174. "I'm a sensualist. My two main indulgences are dark chocolate and massages." - Carla Gugino
175. "You take dark chocolate, you mix it with white milk, and it becomes a delicious drink. That is the chocolate I am talking about." - Ray Nagin
176. "Dark chocolate improves the day, sweetens thoughts and merges them into a message of love." - Angela Randisi
177. "I love nothing more than a good, rich, dark chocolate. It exhilarates. It satisfies." - Abigail Spencer
178. "I adore dark chocolate." - Diane von Furstenberg
180. "There are four basic food groups: plain chocolate, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and white chocolate." - Jill Shalvis
181. "White Chocolate. Intense, sweet. But not deep. Okay for prom dates or flings, but not to get serious... Milk chocolates are guys you could date for like a few months, and dark chocolates are for love." - E. Lockhart
182. "My weakness is dark chocolate. I carry little tins of it in my purse." - Sharon Stone
183. "I love dark chocolate - I could eat it 'til I puke." - Behati Prinsloo
Hershey chocolate quotes
The perfect way to start your day is with a delicious, sweet treat. You will love the quotes devoted to the Hershey brand.
184. "I'm pretty sure that eating chocolate keeps wrinkles away because I have never seen a 10 year old with a Hershey bar and crows feet." - Amy Neftzger
185. "He said "woman" in the same way I'd say "Mmmmm, yummy chocolate" after waking up from hunger pains and finding a Hershey bar in an empty refrigerator." - Ilona Andrews
186. "I love Hershey's chocolate. I feel the same about chocolate as I do about wine. Connoisseurs like dark chocolate and they like nasty wine that doesn't taste good to me. I don't get it!" - Paula Deen
Hershey kisses quotes
How cute these quotes are. I hope you love the tasty flavor of Hershey's kisses too.
187. "When I wake up the next morning, there's a Hershey's Kiss sitting on the table beside me." - Rick Yancey
188. "I try to eat pretty healthy, but I do love carbs. So, I'm not the person who could stick to a perfectly healthy diet. I love chocolate too so I always have dark chocolate Hershey's kisses in my purse ready for me to have throughout the day. Dark chocolate is my weakness!" - Tara Lipinski
189. "I was the offbeat character that had to kiss the offbeat boys and, ugh, some of the boys they brought in. There was one boyfriend in particular, we had to climb a mountain, and he was just weird and awful, and I hated it. So the producers left a big bag of Hershey Kisses after that taping saying, "Here are some kisses you will actually enjoy. Thanks for doing this." Isn't that so nice?" - Andrea Barber
190. "Why couldn't Jesus command us to obsess over everything, to try to control and manipulate people, to try not to breathe at all, or to pay attention, stomp away to brood when people annoy us, and then eat a big bag of Hershey's Kisses in bed?" - Anne Lamott
Cadbury chocolate quotes
These are some of the most delicious chocolate quotes you have ever heard!
191. "If you start a chocolate company, you can't compete with Cadbury in the first ten years because they are a big company." - Tamim Iqbal
192. "I have less friends, but I have more Cadbury Eggs." - Greg Behrendt
193. "I lied on my Weight Watchers list. I put down that I had 3 eggs... but they were Cadbury chocolate eggs." - Caroline Rhea
194. "I train for about an hour five days a week and feel I'm in the best shape I've ever been. I can eat what I want and that includes scoffing half a big bar of Cadbury's a day." - Peter Andre
195. "I eat like a horse - my mother still brings me Cadbury's chocolate from Britain; I do have a very healthy appetite - but I work out." - Catherine Zeta-Jones
I hope you enjoyed this collection of chocolate sayings and quotes for chocolate lovers. Don't forget to pin this post to Pinterest so you can come back later.
If you are a dessert lover, you might like the best dessert quotes.
Note: The quotes' spelling and grammar match with the source.
If you want to share a chocolate quote or know the quote's author marked as "anonymous," please, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.